Orthodontics for children and adults.
In Barcelona Clinic Dent are also specialists in invisible braces ” Invisalign ” the best alternative to braces.
We also have the new system of invisible braces Incognito ® , which only makes the world a sophisticated laboratory in Germany.
- Phase I: It takes about seven years and usually lasts 12-14 months. With this correction pursue bones before the problems are firmly seated . The most common case is to narrow palates . But as at this age the palate has not yet welded in the middle has an area of growing cartilage , with a fixed appliance can be separated , making thereby the growth and formation of new bone. Keep in mind that the palate is welded at age 9 for girls and 11 for boys , and it does not grow spontaneously. It is therefore very important to the assessment of the orthodontist at age 6.
- Phase II: It is when all the teeth have come out on the 12 or 13, for about 18 months. With it get more perfect placement of the teeth , straighten teeth out, etc
Any age is appropriate to perform orthodontic treatment . The situations that are professional are similar in that act on the same structures but with different biological reality . The big difference is that the adult has finished growing and therefore we will not have it, or as an ally in some cases, not as an enemy to be overcome in other , unlike the child , which is a part orthopedics important in our daily lives .
– More bone to support the teeth , so that in the future there will be less gum recession and gum problems will decrease .
– Reduction in the percentage of cases that require extractions or surgery.
– Having more space will achieve a better occlusion and increased stability.
– The face will develop more focused , so there is less asymmetry.
- Maxilla narrow and lack of space for the teeth: is the most common problem . May be accompanied by cross bite or not. Disjunction or bone growth produces a high level wider arch lifetime . Also keep the space that will leave the molars , which are larger than permanent , which decrease the need for extractions in the second phase.
- Advance maxilla or teeth out: are usually accompanied by a very narrow , so first would widen . And , if necessary , harmonize jaws. Subsequently, in Phase II , will correct the problem of teeth out.
- Maxilla back and large jaws: can range from the simple facial cosmetic defect to a severe crossbite or progeny . This phase should broaden and advance the maxilla , with the consequent reduction surgery tomorrow . The jaw , however , can not be reduced in size.
- Overbite: when the lower teeth touching the upper gum , you can expect , or not , depending on other problems added.
- Open Bites :usually have narrow jaw and a habit. It is therefore little easier.
- Teeth with spaces: should assess the need for current or future treatment.
Dent Clinic in Barcelona , we will make free diagnosis , treatment and presupuestaremos you ‘ll provide financing to 12 months without interest , which can be up to five years (subject lender approval ) . Thus, the payment of their treatments will be as you need it and not have to worry about the price.
You can pay by cash or credit card. If you prefer to pay by other means , please ask our staff .